Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Incredible Shrinking Woman....

The incredible shrinking woman is what I was called at football last night when I ran into a mom I haven't seen since last season. Bless her heart, she must have known I needed that! My usual answer is "Thanks, but you should see my husband!"  I am very proud of my DH...119 pounds down is awesome indeed! Woot!  Woot!  I have to remind myself though, that I am not him, and he is not me, and that not having as much to lose and being a woman, I think make my task to lose different. His journey is going well, mine....slow. 22 pounds is nothing to snivel at for sure, but much like Veruka Salt (Thanks, Laura :), "I want it NOW!"

Still, it was nice to have someone notice.

This weekend, I was the someone who noticed. I went to Layne Bryant looking for a cute dress to wear to the Donny Osmond concert DH and I are going to at the end of August. I found the cutest, sexiest, little black lace dress that I've seen in  a long time, and I loved the cut. So, thinking positively, I picked up the smallest size I could find in a Layne Bryant store and marched into the dressing room ready to try it on. My negative self talk was trying to creep into my thought pattern in a big way..."You'll never get into it, " is what I heard it taunt, but just briefly. I pushed it aside completely and decided that "What ever happens in a store dressing room, stays in a store dressing room" (except for this), and I was not going to worry about it. I wanted to find a dress because I don't do a lot of dressing up, and thought this concert might be a perfect opportunity to do so. Dress on, I chanced a glance in the mirror. Indeed, it truly was the cutest, sexiest, little black lace dress that I've seen in  a long time, and I wanted it badly...but it did not fit.  Damn! I figured if it was this loose on me now, in another 4 weeks, there's no way I'd be able to wear it...

And so, I noticed the changes in my body first hand, without the dreaded, hard to change scale trying to bring me down. It felt really funny because I still feel like a fat girl in some ways, but at that moment, I felt skinny. If only that feeling had lasted...So, I was very happy that the dress didn't fit, and sad that it didn't fit as well. It really was adorable.

No comments: