Friday, January 11, 2013

Dear Me letter

Based on an activity for a weight loss challenge that I am currently participating in at Sisterhood of The Shrinking Jeans, I have written a letter from my 2014 self to my 2013 self.  The purpose of the letter is motivation to be a better me this year, and the 2014 me will tell me how awesome I am and offer kudos to me for all I have accomplished. I like this exercise. I think I will reread the letter monthly to keep me going.  What would your 2014 self say to your 2013 self about all you've accomplished?

Dear Shannon 2013,

Wow! I can't believe it's been another year already! Time flies, and the older I get, the faster it seems to go. It makes me realise how important it is to make time matter.  I must say congratulations to you because you really embraced time this year.

First of all, you look fabulous. Losing weight and toning up has not only made you look even better on the outside, but also on the inside. You are much happier with your body now, and your self esteem is soaring. You feel better knowing that you're comfortable in your skin and that your size doesn't really matter as long as you're healthy and feel good. And, as someone who has never liked to shop, you have certainly enjoyed shopping this year for new clothing. You are embracing your curves, and it works for you.

You also feel healthier than you did last January, and I know you didn't think that was possible. Between regular exercise and eating right, your insides are cheering for you and the pom poms are shakin'.  You have changed some eating habits of your family as well and added a whole  bunch of new  healthy recipes to your recipe binder. Good for you, and good for your family!

Personally, you've also been successful. You have sharpened your key boarding skills and found a way not to kill a plant. You have become more involved with your NOW group and are working toward real change that will help us all. You're more organized than last year, and you have actually finished reading 2 books (I know: wonders never cease!) And you've found a way to enjoy belly dancing again. You've missed it, and now it's back. You're exercising more and watching tv less. Needing to move each day, even in some small way, has become more important than ever to you, and it shows .

You've had challenges this year that have changed you in many different ways, but what hasn't changed is how awesome and beautiful you are. In short, you simply ROCK!

You've had a great year.  Makes me excited to see what's in store for you in  the next year.

Love,
Shannon 2014

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your blog through Shrinking jeans site. Good luck making your 2013 goals.

Shannon said...

Thanks, Paula. I love finding people in the comment section to check out. Good luck to you as well. Thanks for stopping by.