Friday, June 14, 2013

As Seen On Pinterest....Cleaning Dirty Pans and a Stromboli Recipe

My mother has a very cool board on her Pinterest site called " I saw it, I pinned it, I did it." I think it's a great idea (Thanks, Mom!), so I'm starting my own board on my Pinterest account complete with reviews, and this is my first one.



My before and after picture...virtually no difference
When I saw this idea on Facebook last week (via Pinterest), I thought I'd hit the kitchen tips and tricks jackpot;  a cheap, effective way to clean my old well used, well seasoned cookie sheets. Ahh....if only it had worked!  It was cheap and easy , but it didn't clean hardly any of my cookie sheet grime. I even set the paste on the cookie sheet and let it sit for 1 hour thinking that soaking it would help...not so much. I was disappointed.

My second Pinterest try this week was this pin on Pinterest from Lauren's Latest: a Stromboli.  On the left is the picture from Lauren's Latest via Pinterest...my picture of my Stromboli is on the right.
Picture from Pinterest
My picture.


 









I thought the kids would all love it because it was like pizza with a twist. I even used Boar's Head thin slice pepperoni in it. 2 out of 3 kids liked it. My oldest said, "If you really feel like you need to make it or you'll just die, I 'll eat it, but it wouldn't be my first choice." Please son, be a little more honest, will you?  It was his Mighty fine dinner, Miss Betty moment. I will make it again because the bread, which is Lauren's Fail Proof Pizza Dough recipe is terrific. It is so easy to make and so easy to work with. I used a mixture of whole wheat  and white flour and olive oil. I think the problem with the recipe was that even though you rolled the dough tightly, the dough in the middle just melted into the toppings which helped make the insides super gooey and hard to eat. There also was too much cheese involved. I love cheese but I agree with my oldest son that it seemed like he was eating a brick of melted cheese...hard to eat and hard to swallow.  So, I will make the crust again, but I will make it into calzones or smaller pizza pockets rather than the single big Stromboli.
So the  dough gets 4 spoons


The Stromboli itself , only  2 and a half spoons.

Wonder what I'll try next?


No comments: