Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm on a muffin kick. They are just so easy to make and so great to have as snacks and quick breakfasts for the kiddos. While my last two muffin posts, yummy blueberry muffins  and  Best Apple Oatmeal Muffins Ever are my own delicious concoctions (and yes, you should try them), this one is from Lindsay at happyherbivore.com These chocolate zucchini muffins are pretty darn good, and I enjoyed them even though I'm not really a chocolate lover. They smelled fabulous while they were cooking too. I always love it when my kids come home and I hear, "Yum, Mom. What are you making today? It smells sooo good." 

I first heard about this recipe from my sister, Tricia, a few weeks ago. I debated on making these muffins because of the zucchini. I thought my kids would never eat them. Honestly, my other sister, Jennie, was right when she told me that you can't even taste the zucchini.  I certainly didn't.   It will be interesting to see if my kids notice it's in there.  I don't think they'll taste the zucchini, but they might see the shreds. I added 1/4 c mini chocolate chips to the muffins as my sister suggested...definitely a good add-in. I can't wait to hear the kids' feedback on this one. 

Post muffin tasting:   A success! No one noticed the zucchini, and only DH asked what was in them.  These were the comments I got:

"pretty good"           "top notch"         "great"
 "Wo!  These are awesome!" 

So, try Lindsay's muffins.  You'll be glad you did. I certainly will be making them again! 


***While everyone liked these zucchini chocolate muffins, the household favorite remains my best ever apple oatmeal muffins with my yummy blueberry muffins our second favorite.  Go mom!***
     

No comments: