Friday, April 6, 2012

Week's End Update

Fitness-wise: I have done a pretty good job of getting to the gym for the past 2 weeks. While I'm still watching my exercising to make sure I don't over do it and hurt my knees or my leg, I feel good about what I've been doing. That has includes cardio, weights, and sculpting...though not everything the same every time I go. I am really liking this one Precor machine that looks something like this one to the left.


 Something else happened to me this week: my 7 year old iPod (the 2nd generation iPod classic, I think) went kaput. It started acting funny last week and would not hold a charge. I went without it one day this week and my workout sucked! I realized that I have to have my tunes. They keep me moving at a good pace and make me want to continue. That day without them, I was forced to listen to the gym music and it was terrible.so, later the next day, DH and I went to the Apple Store and I got a brand new iPod (this one to the right). I even had to move in to this century because it's a touch screen (which I hate)...but, I love my new iPod. It even acts as a pedometer and has a place for me to download photos. All my old one did was play music. And, I can also listen to the radio on it...amazing! today, when I went to workout, I was ready!

Food wise:  I am working on using less artificial sweeteners and drinking less diet soda, and am succeeding. I made some homemade whole wheat croutons today for a salad topper and some hummus. After I made the hummus, I split it up into two containers and sprinkled one with Mrs. Dash tomato basil garlic salt free seasoning for a sun dried tomato hummus flavor. It's delish! I am also going to try to get back to logging my food on my fitness pal.  Lately, I've had trouble finding the time to log in, but I think I really need to.  It keeps me honest and helps me to make sure I've eaten enough protein.  I'm going to try to limit my grain intake too, because I think I'm getting too many.

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: