Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Yummy Tropical Green Smoothie

I had this delicious green smoothie today. Since I didn't have any protein powder to put in it, I paired it with some peanut butter crackers. Yum.

Yummy Tropical Green Smoothie

1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 c spinach
1 c frozen tropical fruit (I freeze fresh fruit salad leftovers all the time and pop them into smoothies. This homemade blend was tropical)
A drizzle of honey

Blend almond and spinach together  till no spinach chunks remain. Add frozen fruit and a drizzle of honey and blend till smooth. 

(Chia seeds are a great smoothie add in. I had planned to have some in this smoothie but a kitchen mishap prevented that.) 

Check out this post from 100 Days of Real Food all about making the perfect green smoothie. The graphic, in particular, is great. I suggest pinning or printing it. This site has a wealth of information for healthy eating. I do suggest you hop on over and check it out.




No comments: