Saturday, January 15, 2011

Delicious Dinner...Yummy, Yummy, Happy Tummy

Had a delish dinner tonight! Everything was good and healthy and everything complimented everything else. It was no "mighty fine dinner, Miss Betty " tonight! DH did chicken on the grill (breast & wings). Then I made a fresh fruit salad with pineapples, bananas, mandarin oranges (canned, rinsed), honey crisp apples, blueberries, and pears which was to die for. I learned how to pick a good ripe pineapple this week,  and it was slap your mama good!  Kudos to the Fry's guy for helping me out. : )   I also made fresh broccoli, sauteed zucchini, and drum roll, please....mixed greens.  By mixed greens, I'm talking collard, spinach, turnip, and mustard greens...I know!  I can't believe I'm eating them either, but they weren't bad. The guys loved them, the kids wouldn't touch them, and they are growing on me. It's hard not to like them since they are soooo good for you (provided you don't southern cook them with bacon, butter,  and lard). Paula Deen wouldn't believe there was any other way. The kids think the greens look like you went outside and just got some plant/green stuff off the ground and stuck them in a pan with liquid. They kinda do look like ground cover, but they tasted pretty good if I do say so myself. All in all, my tummy is happy, and there are enough leftovers for dinner tomorrow too. Love me the 2 for 1 dinners!

No comments: