Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Going Green

Well, I did it. Something  never thought I  would do.  Today, I made my first green smoothie. I thought it would be gross, but instead it was delish.

I started off by only adding one veggie  to the smoothie to ease my way into this brave new smoothie world. I made my beginner smoothie by mixing  half a blender full of spinach leaves, a container of blueberry yogurt, a container of vanilla soy milk, frozen blueberries, and some frozen topical fruit.  Next time, I will add flax meal since I forgot today. I can't believe it actually tasted good.  It looked purple, not green, which was good for me. I'm not sure it would have been as palatable to me if it had actually been the color green.

So, I  am no longer a green smoothie virgin, and now I look forward to inventing other green smoothie concoctions. If you haven't tried a green smoothie yet, I suggest you take the plunge. I, myself,  intend to keep diving in.

No comments: