Friday, July 22, 2011

Vacation Update

I was on vacation with the family this past week in Tucson doing the southern Arizona thing. We had a blast, going to the Pima Air & Space Museum, Tombstone, and Biosphere 2, as well as shopping, playing games, and just spending some good ol' fashioned family time together. I also got the pants beat off of me in a rousing game of Nintendo Monopoly! Oh well, I've never claimed to be a real estate mogul. 
We walked a lot on this trip, which was good for my exercise, but I was a little concerned about how I'd eat once on our trip.  As it turns out, it wasn't very difficult at all. I stayed vegetarian (woo hoo!), but I also allowed myself a little space to indulge. The place we stayed had a small fridge (dorm like) which was good to keep some fruits and veggies I brought with me nice and cool. I took some Balance bars, apples, oranges, carrots & celery sticks, bananas, peanut butter, bread, V8 and mixed nuts with me. I wanted to always have something handy I could eat should I need it. I was glad I did, even though, most of it remained untouched. Always better to be prepared I say.
My big indulgences were a chimichanga which was fried (I never eat fried foods), a bottomless bowl of chips and salsa (I allowed myself as much as I wanted), and 5 Margaritas throughout the trip (soooooooo delicious...I just can't tell you).  I ate eggs, fruit, and oatmeal at breakfast, a Subway veggie sub one evening, a soup and salad bar combination,chimis (bean and cheese only...my favorite) and some tastes of kid desserts (a bite here, a bite there). I was very pleased not to stray too far  off of my dietary path. DH did well too.  I came home up only 1 1/2 pounds, which I completely attribute to my visiting aunt (wink, wink). If it weren't for the  bloating, I think I may actually have been down a little when I got home. I'm not worried though...that pound and a half excess will take care of itself once I get back to normal. All in all, I was very pleased with how well I did (Yay me)!

No comments: