Saturday, February 25, 2012

Aunt Jo's Low Fat Cheesecake

So, the twins are having a sleepover tonight to celebrate their birthday that was actually a couple weeks ago. Sam requested I make this delicious cheesecake, and so I did. I'm not sure why we attribute this recipe to my Aunt Jo (she probably made it for us the first time) or where the original recipe came from, but it has become a family favorite. If you try it, I'm sure it will become a favorite of yours as well.


Aunt Jo’s Low Fat Cheesecake



1 Lg. or 2 sm. graham cracker crust

¾ C. sugar

1 – 8 oz. plain yogurt

1 – 8oz. lite cool whip

1 – 8 oz. lite cream cheese

2 tsp. vanilla


Beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Add vanilla and yogurt and mix with a spoon. Fold in cool whip, making sure not to over mix. Put into a graham cracker crust and put in the fridge so it can set. Garnish with strawberries or cherries.

Cook’s note: Lite cream cheese takes longer to set than regular. I usually try to let mine sit all night, so this can easily be made ahead of time. If you want, you can even stick it in the freezer10 minutes before serving.

No comments: