Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What are You Craving?

I have been craving potato soup for several days now. I'm not sure why. So, I went over to Jason's Deli at lunch time and got a cup of potato soup to go. I love Jason's, but not this soup. It seemed very heavy and tasted laden with butter and salt. I dumped it and had a PB & J sandwich instead.  So, this weekend, I will be making The Best Ever Potato Soup. Believe me, it's delicious!  I can't wait!

I was thinking that there must be something in that potato soup that my body is needing.  I figure when we crave something, that it is our body's way of telling us it needs something. When my aunt is visiting ~wink,wink~ I crave chocolate, and it's the only time I ever do. And sometimes, believe it or not, I crave water. It's the only thing that truly quenches my thirst, and especially if I've eaten a large meal or something I don't normally eat, I crave the simple purity of water to flush my system. If I crave something I shouldn't eat or don't want to eat, water will sometimes get me over the yearning hurdle...especially if I put lemon, lime, or an orange slice in it.  Hot tea helps with that too.   My two favorites are Revolution's Tropical Green Tea andThe Republic of Tea's Decaf Mango Ceylon.


What do you crave and how do you beat cravings?

1 comment:

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I remember Jason's deli potato soup. I thought it was just ok. I'm all about their little soft serve ice-cream cones! I've made potato soup a couple of times and always end up making it too healthy- skipping the fat. Skim milk, no bacon, no butter= no good. I have to remind myself that it needs a little something ya know? Can't wait to see your recipe :)