Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I had a different topic planned for today, but in my inbox this morning, I had this entry, Food Blogs and What I Ate Wednesday from Shelby at Everyday Vegan Girl.  It really resonated with me. I too believe that health and food bloggers are not necessarily immune to food issues and that it's okay that they blog even though they are not perfect. Read the article because its a good one as well as her guest post, How Food Blogs Can Affect Your Health at the blog, Around the Plate.  I responded to Shelby in the comment section, which I rarely do, because I felt it was important. Below is my comment to her:

Thanks for posting this. It's been something I have struggled with in writing my own Blog, Banana Boats and Cabbage Patches. I am on a journey where food and health are concerned and while I post a lot about healthy eating, topics related to it , and recipes, I am not an "expert." I am a work in progress for sure, and like you, I feel I have some worthy things to say even if I'm not "completely there" yet. I have very few readers and mostly, I blog for me because I find it cathartic. I appreciate your post today because I think this topic is something that all us food bloggers in progress need to remind ourselves of. Thanks.

No comments: