Saturday, March 19, 2011

Just Checking In

My progress on the 30 Healthiest Food Challenge is going well.  I can cross the following foods off the list:  walnuts (in oatmeal), almonds (snack), chicken breasts (main dish rotisserie chicken), blueberries (In fruit salad and smoothie),broccoli, black beans (chili), and kidney beans (chili).  This week I plan to cross mushrooms off too. I love them and came across a really interesting recipe for portabella stuffed mushroom pizza from Angela Liddon at Oh How She Glows . It sounds really yummy, so watch for a review in the coming weeks.

I am not totally vegetarian right now, but am considering going back to it again. Meat only adds variety for me, but I don't really miss it. I have been reading and learning a lot more about vegetarian and vegan cooking. Some things I've been reading and learning about are nutritional yeast, tofu, chia seeds, and seitan.  The first three I intend to incorporate into my meal plan over the next several weeks. I'll let you know how it turns out.  I'm down 15 pounds so far and have gone back to my peertrainer group for journaling purposes to keep me honest.

I had a sumo tangerine today. Its bumpy and misshapen and tastes like a big cutie orange. It was pretty good. At least I tried something new.

No comments: