Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Big Salad and other things...

Last night  I had a great "big salad" (Thanks, Seinfeld).Here's what I had on it:

romaine
spinach
iceberg (just a bit for crunch)
onion
tomato
celery
carrot
green olive
edamame- I love Trader Joe's frozen shelled edamame.
 It's great in soups and on salads,
and it is very inexpensive...SCORE!

sunflower seeds
1 hard boiled egg, chopped
homemade whole wheat croutons (Mama Pea~style)
Maple Groves fat free Wasabi Dijon dressing (delish!)
This salad was delicious! It was a real success for me because I have been out on salads lately, but now am trying to eat them more often.
*****

When I was at Trader Joe's this week, I finally bought TJ's Veggie Masala Burgers. I have been hearing about them on the web for months and finally got a package. This weekend, I plan to try them...very excited! Review to follow soon.

*****
Today was a sad day for me. I feel stupid that this means so much to me, but it does. My favorite pair of jeans finally died...big rips in the leg and butt areas that could not be repaired.  Now in my head, I know they were getting a little big on me anyway, but oh, how I loved them so!  I've cooked, exercised, worked, slept, dated, danced, kissed, played, light saber fought, traveled and enjoyed life in these jeans. They were the perfect cut and length for me and the flare was just just right!  They don't make this jean anymore, so another pair just like them is out of the question. It wouldn't be the same anyway. Well, it's a new year now, so maybe this is just one more thing that will be new for me this year... out with the old and in with the new, right? Yeah, I'm still struggling with that concept. Life goes on though, and so will I, to even skinnier, sexier, more comfortable jeans that will once again fit me just right : )

No comments: