Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Stuff

I can't keep my homemade grain-ola in the house, and I think that's a good thing. Whether eating it by itself for a sweet treat, in oatmeal for a little crunch, or  with yogurt, it's just delicious.  I'm going out this week to buy a bigger container to store it in since my current container isn't large enough for anything more than a single batch. These, by the way, are my favorite containers. 


My grain-ola is also a terrific base for trail mix, which I have been loving lately. My favorites mix includes my grain-ola, nuts (pepitas, sunflower seeds, almonds, whatever I've got), and always Trade Joe's Golden Berry Blend (pictured below).  It's scrumptious!



* * * * *


Trader Joe's is great place. I make it my goal to get something new at least once a month that I haven't tried before.  This month, I finally tried the Veggie Masala Burger that I have been hearing about all over the web.  Make no mistake that while I really like this product, it is not really a burger. It is a  patty.  It also does not look like the picture on the box. What I like about it is that it is so very flavorful and tastes different from traditional frozen burgers and veggie patties.  I also really like that I can see the veggies in it.  When I first tasted it, I thought it tasted like a potato puff, and so I think it would make  a great breakfast addition...either served as a patty along side of eggs or chopped and cooked inside of an omelet or an egg scramble.  DH did not like it as much as I did as a "burger" on a bun, because, as I said earlier, it's really not. He did really like the flavor though and suggested the same breakfast concoctions that I just mentioned. Great minds think alike, I guess. Regardless, it is a tasty and inexpensive product that I whole heartedly recommend.


No comments: