Saturday, February 23, 2013

Keeping My Body Guessing

New Goals:

So, I have been doing the Shrinking Jeans Weight Loss Challenge for 7 weeks now and I've lost just a couple of pounds. I feel like I'm in a weight loss rut, so I have decided to take a couple of steps to try to pull myself out. We'll see if it helps.  I am attacking my eating and my exercise in an effort to move forward with my weight loss goals. It really sucks that gaining is so easy and losing is so hard.

As for food, I am going to eat less.  I am hoping to stay around 1400 calories to start off and am going to focus on not eating past 7 or 8 pm. I am also contemplating having an "anything goes day" (within reason, of course...I'm not crazy).  What I mean is that one day, I might decide to eat past my calories or just not count for that one day or maybe eat a small dessert or something "out of the norm" for me. The hope is that giving myself a day like this once in awhile will stimulate my metabolism to keep working.I've heard this called a "fat day" but I don't like that term. I figure a day  different than normal is good once in awhile to jar my system. We'll see if it works. I just figure it's worth a try.

I am also attacking my exercise plan.  I am trying to mix up my exercise routine on a daily basis in hopes of  "keeping my body guessing."  I think if I do this that my body will not get used to one type of exercise all the time. Yesterday it was bike riding and today it was a DVD: Leslie Sansone's Super Fat Burning 3 mile Walk with weights It was 49 minutes long and a great workout. I like finding good workout DVDs because when summer hits here in Arizona, I won't be able to get outside to exercise too much. I think varying my exercise routine will be good for me because different exercises affect the body parts differently. They say "Variety is the spice of life" so why not with exercise too? I still plan to exercise daily, trying to do some cardio most days.

I am a work in progress and so is my plan.  I may change it tomorrow, but at least I'm trying, right? I think that's the important thing.

No comments: