Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy New Year a Few Weeks Late

January 5, 2013

Like a lot of others people, after the holidays, I felt a need to detox. Too much white flour (which I never have) and too many sweets ( which I have only on occasion). I can't blame anyone but myself. I ate the food...heck, I cooked a lot of the food, and, yes, it was delicious. I think I ate my weight in bourbon balls. I had more heartburn and bloating over the holidays than I usually do...carb overload, I suppose.

My sister, Tricia, emailed me about starting a 21 Day Vegan Kick Start Challenge shortly before the New Year, and it was just the motivation I needed to detox and get "back on track."  I have been vegetarian for a couple of years, and vegan just seemed way too "out there" for me, but because I knew I needed something to jump start me back to more healthy eating after the holidays, I decided to give it a whirl. As a milk girl, an avid egg eater, and a cheese mistress, I  thought it would be the worst thing ever. To my surprise, it hasn't been that bad.  I have only been doing it for 5 days, but I already feel great...no more heartburn, bloating, and way more energy. I'm not sure I'll do the vegan thing past the 21 days of the challenge, but I'm going to stick with it, at least till the 21 days is over. Wish me luck.

January 11, 2013

I lost 3 pounds on week one. I'll take it. Now that I'm more used to eating vegan, I'm going to work over the next couple of weeks on eating fewer calories(actually "dieting" and getting back to the gym. I honestly don't think I'll stay vegan, but it is interesting.

No comments: