Monday, January 28, 2013

 
 
It's been awhile since I've participated in Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday. Mostly, I can't participate because I haven't planned my weekly meals in time. Not so, this week...I am on the ball. nCheck out Laura's Site. It's very cool.
 
 
 
Monday:  Stir fry and Leftovers
 
Veggie Stir fry by Shannon Recktenwald/2013
 
 
I used the sauce from this old Cooking Light recipe: Garden Vegetable Stir fry with Tofu and Brown Rice .  I doubled the sauce ingredients, mixed them together and set it aside. Next I water "sweat sauteed" a variety of fresh stir fry veggies. I got Trader Joe's Asian Vegetable Stir fry, a bowl full of fresh pre cut stir fry vegetables. I added sliced green onion as well and 1 tsp minced garlic, and shook ginger over the top of all the veggies. While the veggies were cooking I  boiled some authentic Asian Ramen noodles, then drained and set aside in a serving bowl.  When veggies were done, I poured sauce over it and boiled for 2 minutes to thicken. then I poured the veggie/sauce mixture over the noodles and mixed all together. 4 out of 5 of us liked it. I will add more veggies next time.
 
Tuesday: Big salad for DH and I. Turkey clubs for the kids.
 
Wednesday: Vegetarian  Lasagna and salad
 
Thursday:  Homemade quesadillas and salsa
 
Friday: LO quesadillas and salad for DH and I. Pizza for kids
 
Saturday:   Black bean soup for DH and I.  Fish sticks, veggies, fruit, and mac n cheese for the kids.
 
SUPER BOWL SUNDAY:
(current plan anyway)
 
Photo by Zingerbug.com on the web
 
 
wings for the kids
 
 
 
homemade football sugar cookies
 
pizza bites



No comments: