Friday, January 18, 2013

What I am Loving This Week. . .

I am loving my blender.  It’s an Oster, and my my sister was right: the reversible blade is the bomb!  It really pulverizes those frozen fruits. My old one did not.

Yesterday I had a smoothie called the Neapolitan Smoothie from The Everyday Happy Herbivore by Lindsay Nixon. The only change I made was that I used ½ Tbsp cocoa powder and ½ Tbsp chocolate whey protein powder rather than just cocoa because I ran out. It was yummy, and I will definitely make it again. This one gets 4 spoons.

I am loving my Earthbound Farms Organic  power greens mix: baby chards, kales, and spinach. It is totally yummy and I feel good eating it knowing all the goodness that is going into me. I swear I can almost feel the good nutrition sweeping through my body as I eat it. Delish!  Believe it or not, now that I am plant strong, there are times when I actually crave greens.  I never saw that coming.


I am loving Once Upon a Time on TV. DH and I tried it one night through Netflix and we are hooked. I must admit that we actually bought a Grimm’s Fairy Tale book recently and I never knew there were so many of them.  The show is really intriguing.

I am loving the Godiva White Chocolate Truffle Bar with tiramisu filling.  I've never
been a chocolate girl except during my monthly cycle, so I hardly ever eat chocolate. I know, I know, crazy, right?  However, when I do get the craving, I love one of these bars if handy. They are melt in your mouth pure heaven, and they really hit the spot. I blame Santa for getting me hooked since he brought me one in my stocking this past Christmas.

I am loving our new Prepara Tabletop Oil Mister from William Sonaoma.  It spray a perfect amount of oil every time, and it's a fine spray, not heavy. It is also non-aerosol, BPA-free, and very user friendly. Now that we have one, I can't believe we ever lived without it. Best $ 19.95 I've ever spent for a kitchen gizmo.
 
*********
 
I apologize that I cannot yet put photos up of any of these items. Hopefully Blogger will soon fix their photo dowload problem.

No comments: