Saturday, April 23, 2011

Another Trader Joe's Find


I love Trader Joe's....quality food, mostly USA grown, low cost, and  healthier than most food products at the regular grocery store.  My new find is TJ's whole wheat lavash bread. 







The finished "chip"

If you cut them in half, they are the perfect wrap size. Brushed with olive oil or sprayed with non stick spray, cut into big squares with a pizza cutter, sprinkled with your favorite spices, and baked at 350 for 4 1/2-5 minutes, it's a delicious snack. These "chips" are also great with salsa and hummus (Yum!). One of my favorite spice mixtures to put on the bread is a mixture of garlic powder, oregano, and TJ's salt free 21 salute seasoning. I think it would also be great sprinkled with a little parmesan cheese. A cinnamon-sugar mix is good too if your in the mood for a sweeter treat. The options are endless.


Perhaps one of my favorite things about this lavash bread is that there are only four ingredients, so I know exactly what I am eating. They freeze well too. So, if you don't have a TJ's, look for whole wheat lavash bread at your favorite grocery store and pick up a package on your next trip. Enjoy!



No comments: