Sunday, April 3, 2011

Time Out For Me

I was reading an email from sparkpeople.com that talks about giving yourself a "tune-up" much the same way you would tune up your car.  It makes a lot of sense to me to take stock once in awhile of what you can do to make your life healthier/better...one step at a time.  The changes don't need to be big changes, just ones that will be helpful for you.  They may not even be changes that involve food.  It can be anything as long as it benefits  you.  So, I've decided to do this once a month, officially. Then I will work on it throughout the month, and assess how I've done at the month's end.  My April tune up will be scheduling exercise time on my calendar and then following through. If it's on my calendar, there's more of a chance I'll do it. It will be a challenge because I have always had trouble doing things for myself. I'm getting better about it, but it's in my nature to think of my family first and myself last. Time out for me will force me to be good to myself just a little bit. And all of us deserve that.

Thought for this month:

There's a difference
between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.

-Kenneth Blanchard


3 comments:

Uncle B said...

I just planted basil and chiles. And, I'm about ready to dig and plant a garden. I also started my compost today.

I had a weekend of doing things for me and rejuvenating. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Awesome, Timmy. I'm using fresh basil in a recipe this week. Sounds like you had a productive weekend :)