Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oven Roasted Carrots and Kale Recipe Review

I tried this recipe for Oven Roasted Carrots and Kale that my sister Tricia sent to me. It is a recipe that was posted on askGeorgie.com She usually sends me really good recipes, and I like kale,  so I was eager to try this one.  I have to admit that the flavor was wonderful, and like Georgie suggested, a sprinkling of parmesan cheese was a good addition. This recipe as is gets 4 spoons.

 The recipe is great as is, but I think the next time I make it,  I will make a few changes. For one thing, I will double the kale that I use. It cooks down so much that I felt like I needed more. With an ANDI score of 1000, the more, the better as far as I am concerned. The need for more kale is not a criticism of the recipe, just a personal preference. I did overcook the kale as it was a little crunchy, kind of what I expect that kale chips might be like. I was expecting more softness and less crunch. I also will need to watch it more closely while it cooks. All ovens are different and mine tends to run hot. I also may add a little water or vegetable broth to help prevent over cooking. I used the curly kale, but I wonder how the recipe would be with what they call "dinosaur" kale?  I have never even seen this kind of kale, but I know it exists. This is a good basic recipe that I think lends itself easily to experimentation, so that's what I'll do next time. Thanks Georgie and Tricia!

No comments: