Monday, April 1, 2013

Recipes and Product Reviews

I tried two new recipes over the weekend. One was a recipe for homemade vanilla pudding. It had a great flavor, but never set up right. In the end, it had to be tossed.



Happy Herbivore Chile-Sweet Mango Noodles- photo by Shannon Recktenwald
From amazon.com

 
The recipe I tried that was very good was Happy Herbivore's Chili-Sweet Mango Noodles. I can't post the recipe because it's in Lindsey's book, Everyday Happy Herbivore and not on her site, but it is really good. I didn't use any mangoes because no one in my family likes them, but other than that I followed the recipe exactly. 3 out of the 5 family members who tried it gave it a thumbs up. The other 2 are trying it tonight as leftovers. Next time I make it, I will add more veggies, but it's great just the way it is.  Lindsey's recipes are great, and if you've never cooked any of her recipes, you're missing out.



I also found a great snack cracker at Costco today. They are light, airy, crunchy, and delicious.  They are good plain or with Laughing Cow cheeses. I don't really eat much processed food, so I won't be buying these regularly, but they're good and made from good stuff. They may be a treat for me once in awhile, but not a regular thing since I try not to snack too much.



No comments: