Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Wannabe Chef's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Dessert Hummus

So, if I had more than 5 spoons as my top review, this recipe would get it. Love, love, love this recipe!  I have to admit that I was dubious when my sister, Tricia, first made this for me back in February, but after one bite, I was hooked.  Tonight I made it for my family and served it with apple slices. My kids are picky eaters, so I truly did not know what to expect. My oldest, who has issues with peanut butter, ate some and said it was good and that he would eat it again. He would have liked it even better with a little less peanut butter, I think. My twins both really liked it. One saying he would give it 4000 thumbs up if he could, and one saying he liked it so much he didn't even need the apples to eat with it.  I called it cookie dough dessert because it looks like cookie dough. The twins decided it would really be good sandwiched in between animal crackers, so we're trying that tomorrow. They all like it well enough that no one even groaned when I told them that they ate chick peas. Score 1 for mom!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Dessert Hummus


Ingredients:

• 2 cups chickpeas

• 1/4 cup natural peanut butter

• 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup

• 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract

• 1/4 cup chocolate chips

Drain, measure, wash, and peel your chickpeas. Peeling them isn’t absolutely necessary but it makes for the creamiest hummus and really is worth the effort.

In a food processor, add the first 4 ingredients and process until the hummus is smooth and emulsified(the one thing no one wants for dessert is chunky chickpea pieces in their dessert).

Remove the blade and fold in the chocolate chips. Move into a deep serving bowl and serve with graham crackers or baby carrots.

For more cool recipes, check out the Wannabe Chef.

No comments: